Monday, June 18, 2012

Shooting Snot Means Shot In The Rump!

For the past 3 months or so I've been doing a lot of sneezing and....  Yeah, another health issue, okay?  I know, it's all I talk about.  But I'm almost 11 years old now so that's all I think about.  Sorry if I'm boring you or grossing you out..... 

Where was I?  Sneezing, that's right.  Okay, I was doing a lot of sneezing.  And sometimes when I do that the fluid that goes shooting from my nose gets all creamy and snotty.  And it goes everywhere because I shake my head when I sneeze.  Sometimes I wind  up with it on my whiskers, sometimes on my legs, my back, or even on top of my head.  It's really disgusting, so Matt gives me a pill twice a day for a week or two to get rid of it:  Clavamix or something like that.  

But with two tries with that drug that's suppose to kill the germs making me sneeze, nothing was happening.  Matt says I built up a resistance to it.  So he kept wrapping me in a towel and not using the A/C so much.  But even that didn't help.  So I got to go to the ...VET... today.

Now I don't get this, but considering the snot was coming out my nose, she didn't spend a lot of time up front.  No, she had to fiddle with the back end.  First I was held down for unspeakable crimes against my ...well, where I got my temperature checked.  Then I was held down again and a big ol' needle was stuck in my hip, like that's where the snot came from.  It's all a mystery to me.  I think I put up quite a fight as to make all furry creatures proud, because it was very painful getting stuck with that thing.  But tonight I'm supposed to feel better and the snot disappears.  In the meantime I'm walking with a slight limp.  Try not to stare.

3 comments:

The Lee County Clowder said...

Yeah, Buster. We know what you mean about V*T always focussing on the back end. You usually get poked and prodded and even stuck back there, no matter what brought you to visit.

Purrrrrring that you are feeling better, even with that limp.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Okay, Buster, we'll try not to stare. We're used to watching Jan limp anyway so we might not even notice.

Thanks for coming by and leaving a kind comment. We do miss our sweet Cotton!

We don't really know the answer to your question. None of our departed have come back to let us know. Perhaps they're having too good a time because you're right and there are mice and crunchy bugs waiting for us.

Feel better soon so you don't have to go back to the ... you know who.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

The limp will go away and we sure hope the snots do too. Sadie sez she sure knows about dat focusing on da wrong end thing. She haf allergees and it makes her eyes water and her nose run (heehee, her nose doesn't really run it stays on her face) and a'cuz of dat mom shoots her in da butt once a month! But, whatever it is mom does, it helps so we'z purrty sure getting shot in da butt helps da front.